Trust & Estate Planning / Wealth Transfer Planning/ Litigation
Our team of estate planning attorneys help clients plan for all of life's transitions. Our goal is to meet our clients' needs no matter how basic or complex and we appreciate the team approach to working with clients and their financial advisors to meet each client's objectives. Also, we endeavor to creatively negotiate resolutions to conflicts that may arise out of the probate, trusts & estates, guardianship and conservatorship process, but we zealously and tenaciously advocate for clients in the courtroom as needed.
For all estate plans, we make sure that beneficiary designations are coordinated with our clients' over-all strategies, and verify that assets are titled to help achieve their objectives. The aim is to help clients clarify their goals and achieve them in the most tax efficient manner possible. Our estate plans help each of our clients' plans for incapacity through a durable power of attorney and a health care directive. Power of attorney allows people to designate others to help with financial affairs, while Health Care Directives allow people to designate and guide others to make health care decisions in the event they are no longer able to make those decisions for themselves.
We work with individuals and families through all aspects of the estate administration and probate, as well as administer and resolve, trust and estate disputes.
Our firm’s litigators assist individuals and families in the event a client becomes involved in litigation arising out of the probate, trusts & estates, or guardianship and conservatorship process.
Range of Services
At our firm, we provide the following range of services to our clients:
- Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Advanced Health Care Directives
- Powers of Attorney
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial and Agreements
- Special Needs Trusts and Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Probate and trust administration
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Estate, gift and generation skipping tax planning
- Estate and Gift Tax controversy
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Private Foundations
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trust
- Qualified Personal Residence Trust
- Business succession planning
- Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- Representation in the courtroom in matters arising out of the probate, trusts & estates, or guardianship and conservatorship process.
Business Succession Planning
We understand business owners have unique estate planning and business succession planning needs. Early planning for future events can ease uncertainty, avoid taxes, and facilitate a smooth transition of the business, as well as avoid costly litigation. Our Estate Planning department works closely with our Business Department to facilitate comprehensive business succession planning.